Share Your Recognition
You and your customers are successful together – and nothing creates new business as fast as success. Winning your Showcase Award can make a lot of new business possible – if you get the word out. The following ideas will help you share your success:
Share With Your Customers
- Order your customer his or her own copy of the award. These can be personalized so that their name appears on the certificate, followed by yours. The award you both won, displayed in their office, will serve as a great reminder that good things happen when they work with you.
- Organize an Awards Luncheon. By creating an event, you affirm the value of the award – and of your customer. This event gives you a very public way to present the award to your customer. Invite all the key players from your customer’s company and your print team as well. Be sure to include any of your suppliers who contributed to the project’s success.
- Thank you for attending the Showcase Awards Dinner on August 15th at Scott’s Seafood Restaurant in Oakland, CA. View photos here.
Share With Your Team Members
- Recognize your team members. Any great print or design jobs is a combination of hundreds of things that were done right and on time. Your winning entry is a chance to recognize the whole team – from press operator and account executive to the estimator and administrative assistant who created excellence in your shop. Be sure to define “team” broadly. Anyone who touched the project should receive their own certificate to display at home or at work or a t-shirt to proudly display their participation.
- Reward your winners. Don’t just give your team the certificates…make a big deal out of their achievements! Have them join you at the Showcase Awards Dinner. Also, plan a small company celebration. Nothing is more motivational than recognition in front of your co-workers.
- Display copies of the award in every location of your company. Your Showcase Award recognizes your whole company. If you have multiple offices, put a copy of the awards in each location. Nothing improves morale like public, positive recognition. Your award is a good chance to increase everyone’s job satisfaction…and to impress customers who stop by for a tour.
Order Duplicate Award
Marketing Your Win
Your Showcase Award lets prospects and customers know that your company is among the best in the business. This is a powerful motivational tool for the people who buy print and design to work with you. But first, they need to know what you’ve won. When used as part of your marketing program, your award can increase the number of jobs you bid on and the ones you end up producing. Here’s how:
Create a promotional mailer kit for your existing customers
Include a photograph of the winning piece, an invitation to your awards luncheon and offer (for a limited time) a discount on their next job. Call it a celebration sale!
Notify local newspapers today
This kit includes a model press release that you can customize and mail to your local newspaper or trade publication.
Post on Social Media
Include a picture of the award and/or the entry. Ask your customer to “Like” the posting.
Create a joint print ad with your customer
For trade or local press, this ad could feature the award and your winning entry, along with a thank you to the companies and people involved in the project.
Make your award part of all your marketing
Put the award logo, along with the words “Showcase Award Winner” on your business cards, company signage, and print advertising.
- Put a Showcase Award logo on your website and on your social media pages.
- Develop an announcement for your website featuring your winning entry. Why not link this with your customer’s Web page?
- Print labels announcing your award to be used on your packaging, brochures, and bids.
- Purchase t-shirts and distribute with an award announcement to your top customers or employees who worked on the winning piece.
- Announce the award on your answering machine, voice mail, or pre-recorded message for customers.
- Announce the award on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and other social networking sites.
- Develop a feature for your newsletter, explaining the story of the print job which led to your award. Include quotes from the people who handled the job at different stages.
Promote your win by sending an Immediate Press Release to PR Web or to other media sources. Please use the copy below or download the attached Microsoft Word document template to distribute this news release.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
[Your company name] Receives [level of award] in Showcase Awards – Northern California/Northern Nevada Visual Media Competition.
[City, State] – [Date] – [Your Company name] of [City, State] received an award for outstanding achievement in [print/design] at the annual 2018 Showcase Awards. The Showcase Awards is a visual media competition covering Northern California and Northern Nevada, hosted by the Visual Media Alliance in San Francisco.
Competing against nearly 150 entries from printing, design, ad agencies and graphic art firms [your company name] received a [level of award]. The company’s winning submission was [type of job] for [name of client].
“We are proud of our winning team,” said [name and title of employee]. “It’s an honor to be recognized by the industry as a company that produces top quality, award winning materials.”
Dan Nelson, President of Visual Media Alliance agrees, “This was a great competition with a very impressive standard of entries. [Your company name] should be very proud of their company’s achievement and the excellent work done by their employees.”
The Showcase Awards recognizes those responsible for the creation and production of visual communications in Northern California and Northern Nevada. The competition promotes excellence in visual communications and rewards companies and individuals who produce the best in visual media.
For more information about [your company name], call [name] at [telephone number]. For more information about the Showcase Awards, call Laura Vargas at (415) 489-7625 or visit http://showcase.vma.bz.